Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Another Evangelical sounding very "Mormon"

Quiz time:

Who would say such a "Mormon" thing as the following?

I believe that the Bible is the Word of God because God's spirit, that has taken out my heart of stone and given me a heart of flesh, draws me to His word and gives me faith to believe what his word says.

Yep, you guessed it: James R. White

As I document in my book, Not by Scripture Alone: A Latter-day Saint Refutation of Sola Scriptura, pp. 9-14 (Web version here), and elsewhere (e.g., The Evangelical "Testimony": Feelings, nothing more than superficial feelings and Anti-Mormon Hypocrisy and Emotion-driven "Conversions" to Evangelical Protestantism), such is part-and-parcel of Reformed epistemology and the true basis of the belief Protestants have in the Bible and their theology.








Blog Archive