Monday, August 8, 2022

John 1:14-16 (JST) Distinguishing between the "Word" (Jesus) and God (the Father)

  

KJV

1867 Inspired Version (RLDS)

[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

[15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

[16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

[14] And the same word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

[15] John bear witness of him, and cried, saying, This is he of whom I spake; He who cometh after me, is preferred before me; for he was before me.

[16] For in the beginning was the Word, even the Son, who is made flesh, and sent unto us by the will of the Father. And as many as believe on his name shall receive of his fullness. And of his fullness have all we received, even immortality and eternal life, through his grace.

 

New Testament Manuscript 2, folio 4, p. 105:

 



 

And the same word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of <{3}>  grace and truth. <{3}> John bear wittness of him, and cried, say=ing; This was <is> he of whom I spake; he who cometh after <me,> is pre=fered before me; for he was before me. For in the begining was the word, even the son, wh[ich]<o> is made flesh, and sent unto us by the will of the Father. And as many as receive him of believe on his name shall receive of his fullness. And of his fullness have all we received, <even> imortality and eternal life, through his grace.

 

Blog Archive