Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Eucharist Institution Narratives in the KJV and JST and JST Manuscripts

  

Matt 26:26-29 (=JST Matt 26:22-26):

 

KJV

1867 Inspired Version (RLDS)

[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

[27] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

[29] But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

[22] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and brake it, and blessed it, and gave to his disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is in remembrance of my body which I give a ransom for you.

[23] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it.

[24] For this is in remembrance of my blood of the new testament, which is shed for as many as shall believe on my name, for the remission of their sins.

[25] And I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall observe to do the things which ye have seen me do, and bear record of me even unto the end.

[26] But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom.

 

New Testament Manuscript 1, p. 61:

 


 

and as they were eating Jesus took bread and blessed it and break it and gave it to the disciples and said take eat eat of it it and a commandment I give unto you and this is the commandment which I give unto you that as you see me do you shall do likewise in rememberence of my body and he took the cup and gave thanks and blessed the cup and gave to them saying drink of it all of you for this you shall do in remembrance of my blood — this is the new testimony which you shall unto all meny of my blood which is shed for [ma]<as> many as shall beleive on my name for the remission of their sins but I say unto you I will not drink hence=forth of this fruit of the vine untill that day when I shall come and drink drink it new with you in my fathers Kingdom

 

New Testament Manuscript 2, folio 1, p. 2:

 


 

 

<10/> & <And> as they were eating, Jesus took bread & break it & blessed it, & gave to his deciples & said, Take, eat[,]<;> this is in rememberance of my body & <which> I g[i]<a>ve unto you a command =ment that ye shall observe to do <even> the thi even the thing which ye <a ransom for your sins> & <And> he took the cup, & gave thanks, & gave it to them, said <saying,> Drink ye all, of it[;]<.> For this is in rememberance of my blood    of the new testament, which is shed for as many as shall believe <11/> on my name; for the remission of their sins. <11/> & <And> I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall observe to do the things which ye have seen me do, & bear record of me even unto the end. But I say unto you, I will not drink of the <henceforth of this <fr> fruit of the vine, until that day that <when> I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom.

 

Mark 14:22-25 (=JST Mark 14:20-26):

 

KJV

1867 Inspired Version (RLDS)

[22] And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

[23] And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

[24] And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

[25] Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

[20] And as they did eat, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them, and said, Take it, and eat.

[21] Behold, this is for you to do in remembrance of my body; for as oft as ye do this ye will remember this hour that I was with you.

[22] And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them; and they all drank of it.

[23] And he said unto them, This is in remembrance of my blood which is shed for many, and the new testament which I give unto you; for of me ye shall bear record unto all the world.

[24] And as oft as ye do this ordinance, ye will remember me in this hour that I was with you and drank with you of this cup, even the last time in my ministry.

[25] Verily I say unto you, Of this ye shall bear record; for I will no more drink of the fruit of the vine with you, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

[26] And now they were grieved, and wept over him.

 

New Testament Manuscript 2, Folio 2, pp. 39-40:

 






<8> And as they did eat, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and break, and gave to them, and said, Take it, and eat; Behold, this is for you to do in remembe-rence of my body; for as oft as ye do this you will remember this hour  <9/> that I was with you. <9/> And he took the cup, and when he had given tha=nks, he gave <it to> them; to drink and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is in rememberence of my blood; which is shed for many, and the newtestament which I give unto you; for of me, ye shall bear record unto all the world. And as oft as ye do this ordinence, you will remmember me in this hour that I was with you, and drank with you of this cup, even the last time in my ministry. Verily I say un=to you, Of this ye shall bear record; for I will no more drink of the fruit of the \ vine with you, untill that day that I drink it <10/>  new in the kingdom of God. <10/> \ and now they were grieved, and wept  <10/> over him.

 

Luke 22:15-20

 

KJV

1867 Inspired Version (RLDS)

[15] And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

[16] For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

[17] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

[18] For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

[15] And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer;

[16] For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled which is written in the prophets concerning me. Then I will partake with you, in the kingdom of God.

[17] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this and divide among yourselves;

[18] For I say unto you, that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you; this do in remembrance of me.

[20] Likewise also the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood which is shed for you.

 

New Testament Manuscript 2, Folio 4, pp. 97-98:

 



 

And he said unto them[;]<,> With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer; for I say unto you[;]<,> I will not any more eat thereof, untill it be fulfilled, which is written in the prophets concerning me[,]<.> Then I will partake with you, in the kingdom of God. And he took the cup, and and gave thanks, and said[;]<,> Take this, and divide am[ong yourselves; for I say unto <you[;]<,>> that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, untill the kingdom of God shall come. And he took bread and gave thanks, and gave break, and gave unto them, saying[;]<,> This is my body which is given for you; this do in rememberence of me Likewise also the cup, after supper, saying[;]<,> This cup is the new  <{5}> testament in my blood which is shed for you.

 

1 Cor 11:23-29:

 

KJV

1867 Inspired Version (RLDS)

[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

[25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

[26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

[29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread;

[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat; this is my body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of me.

[25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood; this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

[26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come.

[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

[29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh condemnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

 

New Testament Manuscript 2, Folio 4, p. 129:

 



 

=29th         judgement condemnation

 



Blog Archive