Monday, February 13, 2023

Examples of the Biblical Evidence for Grace being a Power/Energy, not a Mere Concept or Attribute of God

  

Grace coming in various measures:

 

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. (Acts 4:33)

 

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. (Jas 4:6)

 

As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. (1 Pet 4:10)

 

Grace given in proportion to the need at hand or the specific service to be performed:

 

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith. (Rom 12:6)

 

Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God. (Rom 15:15)

 

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. (Gal 2:9)

 

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. (Eph 4:7)

 

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was in me. (1 Cor 15:10); cf.:

 

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

 

See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship. (Exo 31:2-3)

 

For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. (2 Cor 1:12)

 

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. (2 Cor 9:8)

 

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. for it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace, not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. (Heb 13:9)

 

 

The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee. (Num 6:25)

 

For the Lord God is a shun and shield:

The Lord will give grace and glory. (Psa 84:11)

 

Blog Archive