Thursday, June 1, 2023

Targum of Jeremiah on Jeremiah 31:31-34

 

31. “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “when I shall make a new covenant with those of the house of Israel and with those of the house of Judah. 32. Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers on the day that I took them by their hand to bring them out from the land of Egypt, which covenant of mine they changed, although I took pleasure in them, says the Lord. 33. But this is the covenant which I shall make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my Law in their inward parts, and upon their heart I will write it; and I shall be their God, and they shall become a people before me. 34. And a man shall no longer teach his neighbour and his brother, saying, Know how to fear from before the Lord; for all of them shall learn to know the fear of me, from their smallest even to their greatest ones, says the Lord; for I will forgive their debts, and their sins; they shall not be remembered any more.” (The Targum of Jeremiah [trans. Robert Hayward; The Aramaic Bible 12; Collegeville, Minn.: The Liturgical Press, 1990], Logos ed.)

 

Blog Archive