Saturday, September 4, 2021

Aaron Shafovaloff: Coward and Liar

As far as I know, I am the LDS apologist who has written the most on the topic of Sola Scriptura, the formal doctrine of Protestantism, such as my book-length critique, Not By Scripture Alone: A Latter-day Saint Refutation of Sola Scriptura.

In June 2016, a friend, Andrew Sargent, challenged Aaron Shafovaloff to debate me on the topic. Aaron has been lying about what happened. When asked by a friend "Do you think you'll ever debate Robert Boylan?" Aaron wrote: "Depends on the topic. I was willing to over Sola Scriptura as long as he was also willing to positively argue for his own alternative model of LDS officiality as part of the debate, but he refused."

Here are the screenshots are taken from the now-archived LDS (Mormon) Apologetics facebook page where Aaron ran away:
























As we can see from the above:

(*) Aaron, being the intellectual coward he is, ran away from a debate on Sola Scriptura
(*) I agreed to debate and defend my own "model of LDS officiality" as a follow-up debate.

Further Reading

Blog Archive