Thursday, June 30, 2022

JST Exodus 6:3-4 Changing the KJV to be God Asking a Question to Moses

KJV Exo 6:3-4 reads:

 

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

 

The JST rephrases this to be God asking a rhetorical question to Moses. In OT Manuscript 2, page 66 we read:

 



 

3d  and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob[,]<.> I am the Lord God Almighty, the Lord Jehovah. And was not my name known unto them? yea, and I have also established my covenant with them, to give which I made with them, to give them the land of canaan; the land of there pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

 

Blog Archive