Sunday, January 7, 2024

John A. Widtsoe: Latter-day Saints have "no interest in the lower glories"

  

But The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has no interest in the lower glories. It teaches only the celestial glory. When men ask me if we need to be baptized to enter the terrestrial glory or the telestial glory, I <we can only> say I do not know and I have no concern with that <lower glories>. My <Our> concern is to bring every lining man and woman on the earth <if possible> into the celestial world. I do <can not nor> not want to explain how they may enter into a lower glory. I preach the highest glory. The Latter-day Saints have no attention the lower glories; they are striving for the highest. (John A. Widtsoe, Lecture 5, “The Meaning of Salvation,” February 10, 1938, Modern Revelations and Modern Questions, 14)

 

Blog Archive