Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Jonathan D. Trigg, Baptism in the theology of Martin Luther simper ES in Motu Et Initio (1991)

In spite of some ignorant claims of James White (see below) Martin Luther (1483-1546) always held to the doctrine of Baptismal Regeneration. I just recently found a PhD dissertation on Luther's theology of baptism published by the University of Durham:

 

Jonathan D. Trigg, Baptism in the theology of Martin Luther simper ES in Motu Et Initio (1991)

 

The book, Baptism in the Theology of Martin Luther, was based on this doctoral dissertation, although it costs an arm and a leg, so I have not read it (though if anyone wants to gift me a copy, I will not complain . . . )

 

As an aside, a great video refuting James White on Luther's theology of baptism, particularly baptismal regeneration, can be seen in the following video with Christian Wagner (RC) and Jack Lin (Lutheran):

 

A Lutheran and I Take Down James White on Baptismal Regeneration







Blog Archive