Wednesday, July 5, 2017

When Paul met Jesus

I ordered the following book a few days ago when it was priced at 50% the "regular" price on Amazon. As it seems to be a fascinating volume by a top-notch scholar, I am "plugging" it here:

Stanley Porter, When Paul Met Jesus: How an Idea Got Lost in History (Cambridge University Press, 2016)

I am really looking forward to this volume and the forthcoming scholarly to-and-fro surrounding Porter's thesis, as, if it holds true, it will be the death-knell to Christ Mythicism, a nonsense thesis that has been revived in recent years. Furthermore, I have always enjoyed Porter's books on various biblical topics, too. While it is expensive (again, I got it when Amazon had it at a reduced price, so I lucked out!), it may be a text to consider getting via inter-library loan.

Blog Archive