Saturday, January 22, 2022

The Earliest Texts of Moses 1:33 reading" by the same" instead of "by the son"

  

And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth. And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten. (Moses 1:32-33)

 

On page 2 of OT1 (the manuscript itself was begun June 1830; completed 7 March 1831), it does not read "by the Son" but "by the same":

 



 

On page 3 of OT2 (the manuscript was begun ca. 8 March 1831; completed 5 April 1831), it also reads "by the same":

 



 

The first time "by the son" appears in texts of the Book of Moses appears in "History of Joseph Smith," Times and Seasons 4, no.5 (January 1843): 72-73

 



 


Blog Archive