Monday, March 29, 2021

The Father as the one to be feared in Matthew 10:28

  

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matt 10:28)

 

Who is the one we should fear--Satan or God (the Father)? It appears that Jesus is warning us of the wrath of the Father. Consider the following texts which warn us of the Father's wrath at the judgement and our need to fear Him:

 

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt 10:32-33)

 

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matt 13:41-42)

 

I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. (Luke 12:5)

 

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who are thou that judgest another? (Jas 4:12)

 

Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king. (1 Pet 2:17)

 

Blog Archive