Thursday, June 23, 2016

Refutations of The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop

I listened to a debate on the Trinity and related issues between James White and a Hebrew Israelite, Rawchaa Shayar (link). I cannot believe I am saying this, but I feel sorry for White that he had to debate someone as grossly ignorant at Shayar.

Shayar made reference to The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop, a volume that claims Roman Catholicism is basically an adoption of ancient Babylonian religions(!) Sadly, many groups still accept Hislop's nonsense, such as the Seventh Day Adventists (Ellen G. White often referenced his arguments in her The Great Controversy).

For refutations of Hislop's nonsense, I would recommend the following produced by Catholic Answers:






While there are many problems with Roman Catholic theology, the claim it adopted ancient Babylonian religions is utter nonsense and is a thesis that should be rejected.

Blog Archive