Wednesday, May 29, 2024

James White on "The Changing World of Mormonism"

 Recently, James White dedicated a large portion of his "Dividing Line" for May 28, 2024:


The Changing World of Mormonism, A Few Tweets, 90 Minutes




For those of us who have been following White for years now (in my case, since 2004), it is just the usual material from White (e.g., not knowing the nuance of the use of "Elohim" and Jehovah in Latter-day Saint Scripture and theology). He also brings up Jeremiah 10:11 and other issues, such as assuming creation ex nihilo, which I addressed in Refuting Jeff Durbin on "Mormonism" as well as a recent video response I did with my friend Zachary Wright:


Review of "The Gospel for Mormons" (with Zachary Wright)




It has been noted by Roman Catholic apologists such as Michael Lofton that White has not kept up with scholarship and responses to his arguments since the 1990s (I happen to agree); the same goes for his work on "Mormonism" (I really doubt he has read anything by Brant Gardner, Blake Ostler, Matthew Bowen, Stephen Smoot, and others on Latter-day Saint theology, philosophy, and scripture).





Blog Archive