Thursday, August 29, 2024

An Open Letter To Trent Horn - By Stephen Smoot

My friend Stephen Smoot wrote an open letter to Trent Horn after his debate against Jacob Hansen:


An Open Letter To Trent Horn - By Stephen Smoot


Jacob posted a video based on this letter:


Debunking Trent Horns Flawed Arguments Against The Book of Mormon: An Open Letter By Stephen Smoot




Jacob did reference the review I had of the debate (where I was also joined by Smoot, and later, Blake Ostler):


Review of the Jacob Hansen/Trent Horn Debate




Jacob did also mention that both myself and Blake are more than happy to engage Trent in a debate. Blake did tell me during the review he would happily debate Trent on whether Thomism is coherent and can produce a meaningful, coherent Christology. I would be happy to debate Trent on a de fide dogma of Catholicism, viz., the Immaculate Conception of Mary and whether it is apostolic in origin (as far as I can ascertain, I am the Latter-day Saint who has done the most research into Mariology). Here is the slide where I offered the debate:



(if Trent would rather have Tim Staples, who is the "Mary guy" at Catholic Answers do the debate or have a 2-on-1 debate with Tim [contingent upon both sides having 50% of the time]), I am also game.







Blog Archive