There is a common misconception that LDS apostles have received a Christophany. However, note the following from Brigham Young (September 1, 1854):
. . . I understand now brethren
where I commenced you can’t learn it all at once I can’t I have flattered
myself if I am just as faithful as I know how to be to my God my brethren to
all of my covenants and faithful in discharge of my duty when I live to be as
old as Moses was when the Lord appeared to him that perhaps I can hold
communion with the Lord as well as Moses did I am not there now I know great
deal more than I did ten years ago 5 or 20 years ago but have I arrived yet at
that state of perfection that I can commune with the Father and Son at my will
or pleasure no but I hold myself in readiness that he can with me do his
will and pleasure but I have not the power although I have as much as many of
my brethren have I may not until I am 80 years old perhaps the Lord appear to
me and dictate me in leading forth this people to victory and glory it won’t be
long little over 20 years and if I am faithful] to that time perhaps I will
obtain favor with my Father and God I am not to obtain all this in a moment
Joseph Smith it is true had revelations from God in his youth he saw and
understood for himself are you acquainted with his life you can read the
history of it I have been acquainted with him for many years he had visions the
angels would administer to him and the vision of his mind would be open and see
and understand heavenly things and the Lord would reveal his will to the people
and after all this was made acquainted with brother Joseph he had all the
weakness when the vision was off from him and he left to himself he was like
any other man and he would have to live years and years longer to become a
Moses in all things but so far as he lived and his experience went he was as
good a man as every lived in flesh Jesus excepted but yet a man has to live and
gain by their experience that knowledge and wisdom that character form that stability
in their character that will present them favorably to the heavenly host at all
times and under all circumstances then we will say Brother Spencer and the
brethren all of us I will keep myself improving as to doing any better] . . . (“Brigham
Young, 1859 September 1,” CR 100 912, Church History Library, pp. 14-15)