Monday, August 3, 2026

"Are The New Hymns LDS Enough? (Tier Ranking Hymns)"

I have been rather disappointed by most (not all) of the new hymns. There is even a subversive attempt to downplay baptismal regeneration in one of them. However, there are some gems, such as Come, Thou Font of Every Blessing.


My friend, Jasmin Rappleye, has a very good video discussing these hymns and even has a tier ranking for some of them:


Are The New Hymns LDS Enough? (Tier Ranking Hymns)




I must take exception, however, with Jasmin only giving a "B" ranking to My Shepherd Will Provide My Need. That is "S" tier ranking. Indeed, as some of my friends know, I have been battling serious health issues this year, and to be on the safe side, have made funeral arrangemnets (e.g., ensuring I am buried, not cremated). As I cannot have the Introit to Mozart's Requiem in D as the opening hymn, that will be the opening hymn if worse comes to worst (alongside "Oh My Father" and "The Spirit of God"; and maybe at the graveside itself, "I Need Thee Every Hour" and/or "I Believe in Christ").


Of course, I am still hoping for the Church to announce the Canaanite original to Psalm 29 becocoming part of the new hymnal . . . 

Blog Archive