:
The Book of Mormon is the most
wonderful book I ever read. The things it tells and where it was found by
Joseph Smith just is marvelous, and the Doctrine and Covenants is marvelous, as
also the Voice of Warning. We lived by thousands of neighbors, peaceable and
with love and agreeable. My wish for gifts of faith in in God was to heal the
sick. One day I was called in to administer to the sick. While there, a lady
called in with her head all bundled up, crying with pain. When she saw us
preparing to administer, she started to go, and I said, “Sit down here and you
will be healed,” and anointed her with oil and laid our hands on her. The pain
left and she started to bundle up her head again and I said, “Don’t bundle up
again. You’re healed,” and she was. (John
Kartchner history and family histories, circa 1945, p. 8)