Tuesday, October 18, 2022

1QHa XVII, 28-32 (cf. Psalm 51) vs. Original Sin

  

[For you, o God, are] my refuge, my protection, the rock of my strength, my fortress. In you 29 I will be guarded from every […] salvation for me unto eternity. Blank For you have known me since my father, 30 from the womb […, … of] my mother you have rendered good to me, from the breasts of her who conceived me your compassion 31 has been upon me, on the lap of my wet-nurse […] from my youth you have shown yourself to me in the intelligence of your judgment, 32 and with certain truth you have supported me. You have delighted me with your holy spirit, and until this very day […] …. (1QHa XVII, 28-32, in Florentino García Martínez and Eibert J. C. Tigchelaar, The Dead Sea Scrolls Study Edition [Leiden: Brill, 1999], 185; my thanks to my friend Christopher Davis for pointing this out)

 

Blog Archive